CLEVELAND - Chris Koetke, host of the LiveWell Network show, Let's Dish, puts together a quiche recipe designed for those who love strong flavors of quality cheese, like Camembert.
Recipe for Quiche
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
Butter dough (recipe below)
½ cup minced onion
1 Tablespoon butter
1 8-oz. Camembert
4 oz. smoked ham, diced
1 cup whole milk
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 large tomatoes, sliced into ¼-inch slices
½ teaspoon dried herbs de Provence
- In a small sauté pan over moderate heat, sauté the onions in butter until softened, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine cooled sautéed onions, eggs, milk, salt and black pepper. Reserve.
- Roll out butter dough and line a 9-inch-deep pie tin. Be sure to “roll” the edges of the pie so that they “stand up” on the rim.
- Fill the pie tin with camembert and ham. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the top of the camembert and ham.
- Place tomato slices between several thicknesses of paper towels. Press firmly to expel as much liquid as possible without crushing the tomato slices. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the quiche.
- Place the pie tin on a baking sheet and put in a 350°F oven. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the quiche has solidified.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing into wedges.
For more recipes like this one go to the LiveWell Network.