CLEVELAND - Key lime pie is one of America's great desserts. Let's Dish host Chris Koetke shares his recipe for the easy dessert.
Recipe for Key Lime Pie
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 (1 pie)
1 ½ Tablespoons key lime zest
½ cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
½ cup milk
1 purchased graham cracker crust
Sweetened whipped cream
- Whisk together zest, lime juice, yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and milk in a bowl.
- Pour filling into prepared graham cracker pie crust shell
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until the filling is slightly set. (To judge doneness, it should giggle slightly when moved.) Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cover pie loosely with foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for several hours (or a day ahead of time) until completely chilled.
- Decorate the pie with sweetened whipped cream and serve.
You can find more recipes like this one at the LiveWell Network.