CLEVELAND - Meatballs are a popular appetizer served during holiday parties, so Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, puts a spin on the traditional by adding spicy Indian flavors to this Hors d'oeuvre staple.
Recipe for Spicy Indian Meatballs
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pound ground beef
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
½ cup small diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon whole fennel seed
1 teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Garam Masala or curry powder
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 20 oz. can diced pineapple in juice, drained or fresh pieces of pineapple or mango
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Form small meatballs.
4. Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Place each meatball on a toothpick with a piece of pineapple.
7. Serve with raita.
Serve them alongside a dipping sauce of Greek-style yogurt and a little bit of cucumber mixed in. These are perfect and just in time for your holiday party.
You can find more recipes like this one at our partner Live Well Network's website at www.livewellnetwork.com .