CLEVELAND - Coconut macaroons, are some of the easiest cookies to make, but, adding crystallized ginger makes them really come to life. The Live Well host of Let's Dish, Chris Koetke, shares his tasty recipe.
Recipe for Coconut Ginger Macaroons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 36 cookies
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (16 oz.)
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup finely chopped candied ginger
4 large eggs
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, coconut, ginger, and flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until well beaten. Add eggs to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to spoon the batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between macaroons in all directions.
- Bake in a preheated 375° F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown but still moist inside.
- Place the macaroons on a rack to cool.
You can find more recipes like this one at the Live Well Network.