CLEVELAND - Below is a listing of Memorial Day parades and services that will be held across northeast Ohio to commemorate those who have lost their lives in the service of our country. All events are Monday, May 26 unless otherwise indicated.
• Bay Village -- Parade starts at 8:45 a.m. in the Huntington Beach parking lot on the north side. Parade route travels from Lakeside Cemetery to Cahoon Park Gazebo. Veterans’ program and village foundation to follow parade.
• Bedford -- Parade at 10:15 a.m. from Bedford City Hall to Broadway Avenue to Bedford Cemetery
• Berea -- Parade at 10:30 a.m. from Coe-Lake to McKelvery Park. Ceremonies will follow.
• Brecksville – Parade at 9 a.m. from City Hall to Highland Drive Cemetery for ceremonies.
• Broadview Heights -- Parade will step off at 11 a.m. from the Crossings Shopping Center to the Broadview Center. A memorial ceremony will follow.
• Brooklyn – West Park cemetery service at 9:30 a.m. Parade will step off at 11 a.m. at Brooklyn High School on Biddulph Road and ends at the city’s Memorial Park. A City Hall service will follow at 12 p.m.
• Euclid -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. on Lakeshore Blvd. and travels south down East 222nd. Services will be held at the Veterans Memorial next to City Hall after the parade.
• Fairview Park -- Parade will step off at 9 a.m. from Corrigan Craciun Funeral Home at West 208 Street and Lorain Road and continues to the Fairview Park Cemetery, where the ceremony will take place followed by a cookout.
• Garfield Heights -- At 10 a.m. parade steps off from Maple Leaf Drive and Turney Road to the Garfield Heights Veterans Memorial where services will follow.
• Independence – Memorial Day observance will begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Square. Services will be held by the Veterans of Foreign Wars post 3483 and Ladies Auxiliary. Cookout will follow the parade at Discount Drug Mart on Brecksville Road.
• Maple Heights -- At 10:15 a.m. parade steps off from Maple Heights High School and travels to the Veteran’s Memorial by City Hall.
• North Olmsted -- Parade begins at 10:30 a.m. at City Hall on Lorain and travels down to North Olmsted Park.
• Olmsted Falls -- Parade will assemble at 9 a.m. at Falls-Lenox Schools and depart at 9:30 a.m. travelling to the Village Green for services.
• Parma Hts. -- Service will start at 9:30 a.m. on the front lawn of Parma South Presbyterian Church. Guest speaker will be Marine Corps Lt. Col Pete McAleer. The parade will follow and end at the Parma Heights Cemetery.
• Seven Hills -- At 10:30 a.m. parade steps off from St. Columbkille Church on Broadview Road. The parade will march to Hillside Road to Veterans Memorial Park by City Hall where a ceremony will be held. The ceremony will conclude with the rededication of the Seven Hills Memorial Wall.
• Shaker Heights – Parade departs at 9 a.m. from City Hall and will travel down Van Aken Boulevard to Thornton Park.
• Solon -- Assemble at Veterans Memorial Park at 9:30 a.m. for the opening ceremony. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. and march to and from Roselawn Cemetery. Services will be held at the cemetery.
• South Euclid -- Parade steps off at 9 a.m. from Regina Hall at Notre Dame College and travels to the War Memorial at the corner of South Green and Anderson Roads. A ceremony will follow.
• Strongsville -- Parade begins at 11 a.m. in the St. Joseph Catholic Church parking lot south on Pearl Road to the Freedom Trail gazebo. A short ceremony will follow.
• University Heights -- Parade at 11 a.m. from Silsby Road to South Belvoir Boulevard to John Carroll University for a special tribute at noon and festivities to follow.
• Westlake -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. from the Westlake Christian Church, 25800 Hilliard Boulevard to Clague Park for services.
• Auburn Township -- On Sunday, May 25 the parade starts at 9 a.m. at New Hope Christian Fellowship Church (the former Auburn School) on Washington and marches to the Maple Shade Cemetery where a ceremony will be held.
• Claridon Township -- Parade starts at 9 a.m. at Arms Trucking at 14818 Mayfield Road to the East Claridon Cemetery for ceremony.
• Hambden Township -- Parade begins at 9 a.m. at the GAR Highway and Rock Creek Road Shopping Center. It will end at the Hambden Congregational Church parking lot.
• Munson Township -- Service starts at 8:30 a.m. at Maple Hill Cemetery on Auburn Road.
• Middlefield Village -- Parade will leave the Middlefield Fire Station at noon and concludes at the Middlefield Cemetery.
• Parkman – Memorial Day Parade steps off at 9 a.m.
• Mentor -- The solemn walking parade steps off at 9 a.m. from the Heinen's parking lot at 8850 Mentor Avenue and will travel to the Mentor Cemetery.
• Madison Township -- Ceremony and parade led by the Veterans of Foreign Wars will take place at 11 a.m. at Madison Village Park.
• Painesville -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. at Riverside Cemetery and ends at Evergreen Cemetery. Short service and concert to follow at 11:30
• Wickliffe -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. at Worden Road and Euclid Avenue and ends at Wickliffe City Hall. A ceremony will be held at the memorial on the front lawn of City Hall.
• Willoughby -- The parade begins at 9:30 a.m. and travels from Erie Street to Park Avenue to the Willoughby Cemetery on Sharpe Avenue. Ceremonies to follow immediately, rain or shine.
• Amherst -- Parade steps off from the corner of Washington and Cleveland Street at 10 a.m. and marches to Amherst Steel High School. Short service will be held at the Cleveland Street cemetery at 9:55 a.m.
• Brighton Township – Parade will begin its march at the Brighton Center at 9 a.m. The parade will march from the center to the Congregational Church to the township cemetery.
• Columbia Township – Parade steps off at 11 a.m. from the Columbia Middle School driveway and proceed to the cemetery.
• Elyria -- Parade begins at 8 a.m. after a 7:30 a.m. pancake breakfast in town square in downtown Elyria. The route will follow Harrison Street.
• Grafton – Parade will begin at noon.
• Lorain -- Parade steps off at 11 a.m. from 17th Street and Broadway to the corner of 4th Washington Avenue (Veterans Park).
• New London – Parade begins at 10 a.m. at American Legion and marches to Memorial Park.
• North Ridgeville – Parade steps off at 9:45 a.m. from the Marc’s parking lot and concludes at Ranger’s Stadium behind the North Ridgeville Middle School. Ceremony will follow.
• South Amherst – Annual parade steps off at 10:30 a.m.
• Brunswick -- Program begins at 10 a.m. at the Visintainer School grounds and is immediately followed by a parade to Westview Cemetery.
• Chatham – Program begins at 10 a.m. at the Chatham Township VFW Memorial Hall and is followed by a parade. Service will be held at Veterans Memorial Monument midway through the parade.
• Granger Township -- Activities start at 9 a.m. with a parade from Highland Middle School to Granger Fairview Cemetery.
• Hinckley Township -- Parade begins at 9 a.m. at Our Lady of Grace Church and ends at the township hall.
• Lodi -- Parade begins 9 a.m. at the American Legion Hall and proceeds through the center of town to Woodlawn Cemetery
• Medina – Ceremony begins at Medina County Courthouse on Public Square at 10 a.m. followed by a parade to Spring Grove Cemetery and a guest speaker.
• Sharon -- Parade begins at 9 a.m. at 6407 Ridge Road.
• Seville -- Parade begins at 1 p.m. in front of First Baptist Church
• Spencer -- Parade lines up at 8 a.m. at the Old School and starts at 9 a.m. proceeding to the Cemetery for a ceremony.
• Wadsworth -- Parade steps off at 10:30 a.m. from American Legion and VFW hall. The Wadsworth American Legion will also be serving a Memorial Day breakfast.
• Westfield Center -- Parade begins at 11 a.m. at Smucker Drive and ends at Friendsville Cemetery.
• Aurora -- Ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park (formerly Breezy Point Park). Parade steps off at 10 a.m. and concludes at Aurora Cemetery.
• Kent – Parade steps off the intersection of Willow Street and Depeyster in downtown Kent at 10 a.m.
• Rootstown – Parade will begin at 10 a.m. on Mark’s Avenue and march to Homeland Cemetery.
• Bath -- Parade will march from Huntington Park at 8:45 a.m. to Lakeside Cemetery and then Cahoon Park. Observance starts at noon at the Bath Veterans Memorial Park.
• Copley -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. at the Copley-Fairlawn Middle School and ends at the Copley cemetery.
• Cuyahoga Falls – Parade will step off at 9 a.m. at the corner of Portage Trail and Lillis Drive and will proceed to the Oakwood Cemetery for a short ceremony
• Green – Pancake breakfast begins at 7 a.m. at Fire station #1 at the intersection of Massillon Road and Streese Road. Parade begins at 10 a.m. at Green High School parking lot. At 11:30 a.m. a ceremony will take place at the Green Veterans Memorial Park.
• Hudson -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. at Milford Road and Route 303 and ends at Markillie Cemetery.
• New Franklin -- Parade steps off from Grace Bible Church, 5781 Manchester Road, at 10 a.m. and travels to the Manchester Cemetery. Remembrance service will follow immediately after parade.
• Sagamore Hills -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. at St. Barnabas Church and ends at the Northfield Macedonia Cemetery on Valley View and Olde 8 roads. Services will follow.
• Tallmadge -- Parade begins at 10 a.m. at Our Lady of Victory Church and ends at the new entrance of the Tallmadge Cemetery off Southwest Avenue for a service.
• Twinsburg -- Parade begins at 10:30 a.m. at Twinsburg High School and ends at Twinsburg Square where services will follow.
• Canal Fulton -- Short Memorial Ceremony at 1 p.m. at City Hall.
• Canton -- The Parade route will start at Timken High School at 10 a.m. and ends at The McKinley Monument
• East Canton – Parade begins at 9 a.m. at the corner of Browning and Noble Streets and concludes at the Foltz Community Center.
• North Canton -- Parade begins at 9 a.m. at North
Stadium parking lot and travels down Main Street to Memorial Bitzer Park. Ceremony immediately following parade at Veterans Memorial Park.
If you have information about events not included in this list, please email it to email@example.com