CLEVELAND - A new website from the Ohio Department of Transportation could help you avoid a big traffic jam on your way to/from work.
ODOT said the new site will provide these details about your commute:
- Current highway traffic speeds
- Traffic accidents, slowdowns, and tie-ups
- Travel times from one location to another
- Road construction, closures and delays
- Traffic cameras to view current travel conditions, as they happen
- Winter road conditions available from November through April each season
“The price we pay for sitting in traffic is significant. It’s time away from our families and money spent on wasted fuel,” said ODOT Director Jerry Wray. “Ohgo.com will allow motorists to log on, look for traffic tie-ups and pick the best route – saving both time and money.”
ODOT said future plans for the site include alerts for incidents affecting your specific commute.
Of course, you can stay up-to-date on traffic information before you leave for work or school by watching Good Morning Cleveland from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on NewsChannel5. Also, follow traffic anchor Jackie Zabielski on Twitter ( @JackieTraffic ) for immediate information about major highway backups.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A four-vehicle crash at the entrance to an Ohio mall has injured three people.
The ramp from I-77 NB to I-90 EB will be closed overnight on Wednesday.