COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer released a statement on suspended running back Carlos Hyde
“Carlos Hyde will be suspended for at least the first three games of the 2013 season for conduct not representative of this football program or this university. He will be required to fulfill additional obligations before he is allowed to play in a game.”
Earlier on Tuesday, Columbus police said it has closed the case against Hyde because the alleged female assault victim did not wish to pursue charges.
Hyde had been suspended from all team activities in the wake of the incident, which occurred July 20 at a downtown bar.
Spokesman Sgt. Rich Weiner said as far as the police department is concerned, the case is officially closed. He said the alleged victim was interviewed on Saturday and said she did not want to continue with the case against the senior from Naples, Fla., who led the Buckeyes with 17 touchdowns and 102 points as the Buckeyes went 12-0 last season.
Hyde will sit out the Buffalo, San Diego State and the California game.
Copyright AP Modified, Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Ohio State Headlines
The Maryland Terrapins had talked about preventing LaQuinton Ross from getting open looks from the outside.
Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is the Big Ten's Offensive Player of the Year for the second straight season.