Sure, those iPhone headphones are great when you need to adjust the volume, but are you getting all you can out of them?
Business Insider recently revealed secrets that you may not have known about those white earbuds.
The standard white iPhone headphones come with three buttons that you are able to do a variety of things with instead of pulling the actual phone out of your pocket and going through the usual motions after you unlock it.
Here's a list of 10 secret functions:
1. If you're listening to music, toggle pause or play by tapping the center button once.
2. To fast-forward a song, tap the center button twice and long-press on the second tap.
3. To rewind a song, tap three times and long-press on the third tap.
4. To skip a song, double tap.
5. To go to the previous song, triple tap.
6. If you have an incoming call, tap the center button once to answer. Tap again to hang up.
7. To ignore an incoming call, long-press the center button. You'll hear two beeps to confirm that the caller was sent to voicemail.
8. If you're on the phone and you get a new call, tap the center button once to switch calls. To end that new call, hold the center button down for 2 seconds.
9. You can achieve super-steady shots by using your headphones as a shutter release. Tap the volume-up button to capture a photo.
10. For iPhone 4S owners: prompt Siri by long-pressing the center button.
For the full report, go to http://news.yahoo.com/ten-hidden-controls-of-the-iphone-headphones.html .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Science Tech News
Technology meets nature in the Summit County Metro Parks. Visitors now have new tools to enhance their experience.
Students develop a car that runs on tweets, Facebook likes and other social media interaction, and they’re driving it to Washington, D.C.