ROCKVILLE, Md. - Diamond's might be a girl's best friend, but apparently dogs like them, too.
The owners of a Maryland jewelry store say their hearts sank when they realized their pooch ate a pricey treat.
The dog swallowed a three carat diamond worth $20,000.
A diamond dealer brought the big rock to the store, and dropped it. That’s when the dog went for the diamond.
The owner called the vet who advised letting the diamond follow nature's course.
After three days, the diamond finally re-emerged.
The dog's owner says the pooch will get plenty of traditional doggy snacks to keep him from munching on anymore gems.
Copyright 2010 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Water Cooler News
Pat Robertson handed out more of his unique brand of advice recently when he told the wife of a cheating husband to get over the infidelity and start doing more on her end to ensure he doesn’t “want to wander.”
Latest News Headlines
About 30 firefighters from five departments battled a two alarm fire in North Ridgeville Saturday evening.