TWINSBURG, Ohio - Firefighters said a grease fire engulfed the Pebble Creek Apartments on Pebble Creek Drive in Twinsburg early Monday morning.
A resident told officials she was cooking on the stove and walked into the other room. She said when she returned, her kitchen was on fire.
Police arrived to the scene first and evacuated the apartment complex, which houses sixteen units.
When firefighters arrived, the flames were coming out of the apartment windows. Firefighters were able to get the flames under control quickly. The fire only spread to one other apartment unit.
Officials said two people were displaced. No one was hurt.
Most residents were allowed to return to their units.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Summit Co. Headlines
Three-sport athlete Griffin Jenkins is the McDonald's Student Athlete of the Week.
In a medical first, doctors used plastic particles and a 3-D laser printer to create an airway splint to save the life of a baby boy who used to stop breathing nearly every day.