STREETSBORO, Ohio - A Streetsboro family’s home in the 1800 block of State Route 303 was damaged in a fire Thursday afternoon.
All inside at the time made it out safely.
The fire department estimates damage at $200,000 after fire spread throughout the house and into the roof.
Firefighters said a resident of the home was cooking on a propane smoker and a fault in the attached burner caused the fire, which crews had to fight defensively.
Members of the American Red Cross also responded to the scene.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Portage Co. Headlines
Brian Fitzpatrick scored 16 as Bucknell overcame Kent State 66-59 and snapped its 13-game home winning streak on Wednesday night.
STOW – Police are investigating a three vehicle fatal crash this weekend.