ELYRIA, Ohio - Seven people have been arrested in an ongoing prostitution investigation in Elyria that also resulted in a house being condemned.
On Tuesday, the Elyria police narcotics unit searched a place on Tattersal Court and arrested three suspects on drug charges, including:
- Jeremy Mack: Trafficking in heroin, promoting prostitution and compelling prostitution
- Ashley Onysko: Possession of heroin, permitting of drug abuse, promoting prostitution and compelling prostitution
- Toby Lewis: Possession of crack cocaine, trafficking in crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia
Mack and Onysko ran a prostitution ring on a website and “advertised woman under their control who would provide sex for money”, Elyria police said. All three were taken to the Lorain County Jail. According to police, Mack is already on probation for federal weapons and drug violations.
Elyria police said investigators also learned the house did not have running water and determine the home was unsanitary, so it was condemned by the city’s building department.
Since February, the Elyria Police Department arrested the following people in the prostitution sting:
- Edward Brown: Solicitation and promoting prostitution, and driving under suspension at the Motel 9 on Lorain Boulevard on Feb. 21.
- Ashley Monkowski: Solicitation, possessing criminal tools, attempted vandalism, resisting arrest and possession of drugs at the Motel 9 on Feb. 21 and the Super 8 on March 14.
- Traci Wolford: Solicitation on Feb. 24 on Middle Avenue.
- Darryl R. Brown: possession of heroin and outstanding warrant on Feb. 24 on Middle Avenue.
This case is still under investigation and more charges could be filed.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lorain Co. Headlines
A man who had been missing since last month was found dead Wednesday in a vehicle that was submerged in water.
Police have arrested a man who they say robbed two people as they were using the restroom at McDonald's.