MENTOR, Ohio - Smoke poured out of a Mentor house while firefighters dealt with frigid temperatures Tuesday afternoon.
The fire happened on Orchard Avenue near the Mentor Headlands at about 2:20 p.m.
Battalion Chief Kevin Edmund said when they arrived, flames were shooting out of several windows, but no one was home. The fire may have been caused by food left on the stove.
High winds fueled the flames once the fire got into the house’s walls, so crews were pulled outside, Edmund said. Crews were rotated from the nearby fire station because of the cold temperatures.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lake Co. Headlines
The jury trial has been delayed for the man charged in a fatal traffic crash that killed a Willoughby police officer.
The Perry Nuclear Power Plant went into shutdown mode over the weekend after a small leak was discovered.