MENTOR, Ohio - The Mentor Police and Fire Departments responded to the Dillards at Great Lakes Mall on Mentor Avenue in Mentor Saturday afternoon after a power transformer caught fire.
Mentor Fire Department said they responded to a transformer that caught fire near the Dillards store just after 2 p.m.
Dillards and Sears were evacuated by the fire department after losing power.
Crews from FirstEnergy also responded to the scene to disconnect the power so the fire department could extinguish the fire.
Fire crews had to rescue a person trapped in a freight elevator in Sears.
Once the fire was under control, power was restored to Sears and the store was reopened.
FirstEnergy continues to work to restore power to Dillards.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lake Co. Headlines
Willoughby firefighters battled a fire early Wednesday morning at a fiberglass manufacturing company Mar-Bal Pultrusion Inc.
An Ashtabula County judge was poisoned with antifreeze and his wife of 45 years is in jail, charged with attempted murder.