PEPPER PIKE, Ohio - A trial date has been set for two of three teens accused of emailing a series of bomb threats at Orange High School.
On Sept. 24, two juvenile suspects are set to go to trial for the allegations. The other suspect has a pretrial set for June 19 where his attorney said he's expected to plead.
At a Monday hearing, one attorney said there's "no proof my client was involved in the threats." Attorneys also claimed this was "the 2012 version of pulling a fire alarm in school."
In November, school officials canceled class several times because of the sophisticated email bomb threats. The teens allegedly sent emails to a site that made them untraceable, but a search at one of their homes turned up evidence in early December.
If the trio are convicted, they could get anywhere from probation to one year in a detention facility.
The teen students have all been charged with felony counts of inducing panic, misdemeanor counts of telecommunications harassment and a possessing criminal tools charge.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Cuyahoga Co. Headlines
A 4-foot long alligator was rescued from a home in Garfield Heights earlier this week.
The Ohio Court of Claims says a man wrongfully imprisoned for 16 years should get more than $600,000 in compensation from the state for lost wages.