SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio - The man suspected of robbing seven Cleveland-area banks was arrested on Wednesday.
Kevin Wolcott, 39, walked into the PNC Bank on Chagrin Boulevard in Shaker Heights at about 10:40 a.m. and tried to rob it, the Cleveland Division of the FBI said.
A bank teller hit the bank’s alarm button while Wolcott was still in the bank. The FBI said a Shaker Heights patrol car just happened to be near the bank, and officers were able to catch Wolcott and a woman who was helping him.
He is also suspected of robbing the following seven banks:
- Dollar Bank on Warrensville Center Road in University Heights on Oct. 26
- Ohio Savings Bank on Lee Road in Cleveland Heights on Nov. 1
- PNC Bank on Lorain Road in Cleveland on Nov. 2
- Citizen’s Bank on Mayfield Road in Lyndhurst on Nov. 5
- Key Bank on East 185th Street in Cleveland on Nov. 8
- Huntington Bank on East 185th Street in Cleveland on Nov. 13
- Huntington Bank on Fairmont Boulevard in Shaker Heights Nov. 15
Wolcott is in custody at the Shaker Heights Police Department and will be charged in federal court on Monday.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Cuyahoga Co. Headlines
The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is welcoming a baby black howler monkey and a baby Reed titi monkey to their family.
Three dogs seized from a Cleveland man charged with holding three women captive over a decade have found a foster home.