CLEVELAND - Sixteen people from Cleveland and surrounding suburbs have been indicted on charges of trafficking heroin, cocaine and marijuana.
The ring allegedly brought the drugs from Chicago and sold them in Cleveland, said Steven M. Dettelbach, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio, and Robert L. Corso, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
The group operated between March and September 2012, according to the indictment.
A charge of conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute cocaine, heroin, and marijuana was given to the following people who are all from Cleveland unless otherwise noted:
- Richard Price, Jr. aka "Richie," 23
- Alexander Abreu, aka "Cuba," 42
- Geraldo Maldonado, aka "Lalo," 37
- Richard Maldonado, 27
- Joshua Johnson, 21
- Robert Hoover, 27
- Gordon Egan, 19
- Reginald Hart, 34, of Bedford
- Pedro Gonzalez, 29
- John Childrey, 22, of Brook Park
- John Hoch, 19, of Middleburg Heights
- Michael Young, 24
- Patrick Corrigan, aka "Patrick Marflak," of Lakewood
- Cory Box, 20, of Westlake
Breanna Johnson, 19, of Cleveland, is charged with distributing heroin. Richard Price, Sr., 49, faces a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
The 23-year-old Price Jr., who allegedly obtained the drugs from Abreu then distributed them to the dealers, also faces the following further charges:
- distributing cocaine and heroin
- possessing with intent to distribute heroin
- possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking offense
- being a felon in possession of firearms
- maintaining a premises for drug trafficking, and money laundering
“This group is accused of bringing a variety of drugs, including heroin, cocaine and marijuana, from Chicago to the west side of Cleveland,” Dettelbach said in a news release. “Today’s arrests should send a message to those who seek to profit from the drug trade.”
Corso called the ring, led by Price Jr., “unique” in supplying Cleveland’s west side with a variety of drugs. He said the arrests will cut off a drug pipeline of the city.
This case was investigated through combined efforts of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The 22nd Annual Marc's Great American Rib Cook- Off & Music Festival will be returning to the Jacobs Pavilion and the Nautica Entertainment Complex Memorial Day Weekend.
Two people were taken to a local hospital following what’s been described as a minor RTA bus crash in Cleveland.