AKRON, Ohio - Free tax filing services are available in Akron to qualifying area residents through the Ohio Benefit Bank tax clinics.
Most households with an adjusted gross income of less than $60,000 per year can use the Ohio Benefit Bank to file their taxes.
You must make an appointment to take advantage of the services at the Akron-Summit County Main Public Library:
- Sat., March 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wed., March 6 from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Sat., April 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Eligible tax filers must bring:
- Photo proof of identification
- Social Security numbers for client and all dependents
- Income forms, such as W2s, 1099s, 1098s
- Information about other income (ex: interest income)
- Deduction and credit information (ex: child care expenses, tuition bills, union dues)
- A copy of last year’s tax return
Taxes are prepared by Ohio Benefit Bank counselors. To schedule your appointment at the library, call please call Laura Vanzo at 330-572-3101.
If these dates and times do not fit your schedule, you may also find an Ohio Benefit Bank site providing tax services located near you by calling 1-800-648-1176 or using the site locator on our website at www.ohiobenefits.org. Eligible individuals may also use this website to prepare their taxes themselves for free.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Akron Children’s Hospital wants to keep your family safe in the pool this summer.
FirstEnergy is mailing energy conservation kits and you're already paying for the program on your bill.