More than four years ago, Dr. Margo Prade left a void in her community when her husband gunned her down right behind her office.
NewsChannel5's Jonathan Costen reported that two doctors are now taking over where Prade (pictured, below) left off.
Prade's body was found inside her van just behind her office on Wooster Avenue in November 1997.
Jurors convicted her husband, a former captain of the Akron Police Department, for her murder. Her death left behind a slew of patients who loved her.
"But from what I've heard, she did a lot to the area for thousands of people in this area, so I think we have big shoes to fill here," said Dr. Bonyo Bonyo.
Bonyo and Dr. Andrea Walker (both pictured, above) are up for the challenge. They recently opened Internal Medicine Specialists Inc. in Prade's old office.
"On the one hand, it's kind of sad, because she was such a big part of the community, but on the other hand, this is a community that's been underserved, and they need someone over here, so it's nice to be able to fill that void," Walker said.
After Prade's death, her office remained vacant, leaving some patients without care in their immediate neighborhood.
"It's fine that we have an office in this area; you need one," Bonyo said.
Bonyo needed to do more than serve Akron. Each year, the Kenya native takes a group of other physicians back to his home country in Africa to help others. They see four to 500 patients a day.
"The first day's always interesting when they get to the clinic, and they see a line way around the clinic, and they're like, 'When are we going home?'" he said.
But for now, the two doctors are going to make Akron their home and take over where one woman left off.
The two doctors taking over Prade's former office are board-certified to see and treat the entire family, from infants to adults.
- August 23, 2000: Court Upholds Prade Murder Conviction
- August 12, 2000: Dental Expert Says Innocent Man Is In Prison
- February 2, 2000: Potential Evidence To Be Tested In Prade Case
- December 30, 1999: Prade Case: Photographs Show Woman?
- September 27, 1999: Bite Mark On Prade Is A 'Secret Of The Dead'
- September 24, 1999: Douglas Prade Faces Wrongful Death Suit
- September 1, 1999: Prade Hires PI To Help With Appeal
- August 24, 1999: Doug Prade Gears Up For An Appeal
- June 2, 1999: Prade Submits 38-Page Appeal: Trial Unfair
- November 25, 1998: Akron Police: It's Not The Gun
- November 6, 1998: Judge Tells Prade To Pay
- October 31, 1998: Women Is Free From Suspicion In Prade Case
- October 30, 1998: Prade Claims He Can't Pay For Appeal
- October 23, 1998: Prade Prosecutor: Drop Charges
- October 22, 1998: 5 Issues At Core Of Prade's Appeal
- October 22, 1998: Prade Appeals Conviction On Jury's Makeup
- October 20, 1998: Woman Charged In Prade Case
- September 24, 1998: Prade Talks To Reporters
- September 23, 1998: Prade Found Guilty
- September 22, 1998: Jury To Decide Prade's Fate
- September 21, 1998: Prade Tells Jurors He Didn't Do It
- September 19, 1998: Prade Will Be Back On Stand Monday
- September 18, 1998: Prade Testifies In Murder Trial
- September 17, 1998: Teeth Biting Demonstration At Prade Trial
- September 15, 1998: Douglas Prade Trial Heats Up
- September 15, 1998: A Twist Of Evidence In Prade Trial
- September 15, 1998: Teeth Marks May Link Killer
- September 11, 1998: Prade's Boyfriend Sheds Tears
- September 10, 1998: Prade Trial Testimony Continue
- September 8, 1998: Margo's Mom Upset Prade Isn't Paying
- September 4, 1998: Dr. Prade's Mom Cries While Testifying
- September 3, 1998: Testimony Continues In Prade Case
- September 3, 1998: Exclusive Interview With Prade Grandmother
- September 1, 1998: Jury Set; Prade Trial Begins Tomorrow
- September 1, 1998: Prosecutors: Prade Was Full Of Greed
- August 27, 1998: Prade Ordered To Pay Child Support
- August 24, 1998: Prade Trial Set To Begin
- August 24, 1998: Jury Selection In Prade Trial
- August 20, 1998: Search Warrant Invalid In Prade Case
- August 20, 1998: Experts Subpoenaed In Prade Case
- August 10, 1998: Prade Trial: Evidence To Be Thrown Out?
- July 31, 1998: Prade To Get Only One Trial
- July 27, 1998: Prade Murder Trial Is Delayed
- July 21, 1998: Delay Asked For Prade Murder Trial
- July 14, 1998: Woman Gives Prade Murder Alibi
Copyright 2002 by NewsNet5. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or