CLEVELAND - Tired of the same old breakfast dishes? Chris Koetke from the LiveWell Network show Let’s Dish has a twist on a classic morning dish. Stuffed French Toast.
Bread and eggs is a great combination for a tasty and thrifty breakfast, and this stuffed French Toast is just that.
Recipe for French Toast
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons honey
¼ teaspoon ground dried ginger
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
12 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, crusts cut off
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, and ground ginger.
2. In a cake pan, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Smear on 6 pieces of bread, making sure not to smear the cream cheese on the outer ½ inch. Brush the outer ½ inch with egg and milk mixture. Cover with remaining bread to make 6 sandwiches. Press the edges firmly to seal.
4. Soak the stuffed French toasts in the egg and milk mixture.
5. Sauté the French toasts in a non-stick pan in vegetable oil. When they are cooked through and browned on both sides, serve with maple syrup.
This French Toast will certainly make your family smile in the morning. You can find more recipes like this at our partner Live Well Networks website at www.livewellnetwork.com .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
After nearly 21 years in business, a longtime restaurant in downtown Cleveland will close its doors this summer.
As you prepare for your Memorial Day cookout, we put ground meat to the test to see if the labels are accurate.
Get weekly updates on select events and activities happening in northern Ohio national, state and county parks.