Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show "LET'S DISH" makes a potato dish that will take center stage at your next dinner. It's called Accordian Potatoes.
Recipe for Accordian Potatoes
1. Sauté spinach in 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until the spinach is soft. Remove from the pan and let cool.
2. Place a wooden spoon along each side of the potato lengthwise. (You should have the handle running along each side of the potato.) Using a sharp knife, cut ¼-1/3-inch slices in the potato, being careful not to cut through to the bottom of the potato. This is why the wooden spoons are placed along the side of the potato so the knife stops at the wooden spoon.
3. Fill each slice with a different ingredient -- sauteed spinach, red pepper, pepperoni, and giardinara -- repeating as necessary. (Some of the filling may be sticking out of the top of the potato.)
4. Place stuffed potatoes in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Pour broth and pizza sauce around the potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender.
5. Remove the foil, drizzle remaining olive oil over the potatoes and top with parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
6. Serve potatoes with plenty of the braising liquid.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show Let's Dish, shares a great idea for you child's next birthday party... a vibrant and unpredictable colored cake that even the adults will love.
You can get a free burger just for pulling into Sonic’s Mayfield or Parma locations wearing your seat belt until 1 p.m. today.
An exhibition opens Tuesday at a museum in Lower Manhattan about efforts by American Jews to bring refugees to the U.S. from Europe during the Nazi era.