CLEVELAND - if you find yourself yearning for county fair-type food, look no further than this next recipe. Let's Dish Host Chris Koetke shares his recipe for deep fried bananas.
Recipe for Deep Fried Bananas
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 12 (12 sticks)
6 large bananas, slightly unripe, peeled and cut in half width-wise
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
1 ½ cup pancake batter (the just add water kind)
½ cup cornmeal
1 egg white
1 1/3 cup water
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Deep fryer filled with oil
24 6-inch wooden skewers
1. Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine pancake batter, cornmeal, egg white, water, and cinnamon. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Place 2 skewers in the cut end of the banana so that about half of the skewer is left sticking out of the banana.
4. Put the crushed peanuts on a plate and roll each of the bananas around pressing the peanuts on so they stick.
5. Dip each banana completely in the batter.
6. Fry two at a time until golden brown (about 3 minutes).
7. Place finished bananas on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
8. Serve while still hot.
For more recipes like this one check out the Livewell Network.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
With the holiday season and cold weather here, Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, share his yummy Hot Cocoa recipe that's sure to warm everyone right up.
Former Cleveland Brown lineman Al "Bubba" Baker pitched his successfully patented process to remove the bone from ribs, trademarked D-Boned, on ABC's Shark Tank.