CLEVELAND - A well-known Cleveland chef is opening a new restaurant with a southwest flair at Quicken Loans Arena.
Chef Rocco Whalen, owner of Fahrenheit in Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood, is behind the new “Rocco’s Nachos & Tacos” stand in section 110 of the main concourse at The Q.
The restaurant will be open during all Cavs games and during most events at the arena.
“I am very excited to bring my passion for Cleveland, its sports franchises and its food to fans at The Q,” said Whalen in a news release. “Enjoy the tacos!”
The menu will include these items:
• Spiced chicken tinga, baby greens, jack cheese, scallions, lime-avocado sauce and salsa fresca
• Braised beef brisket, sweet teriyaki glaze, jack cheese, crispy tortillas and salsa fresca
• Braised pork, greens, jack cheese, green chilies, lime-avocado sauce and salsa fresca
• Garlic-buttered shrimp, greens, jack cheese, grilled scallions and salsa fresca
• Crispy potato nachos with goat cheese fondue, scallions, Parmesan cheese, crisp bacon, fresh herbs and sea salt
• Crispy potato nachos with sea salt and malt vinegar aioli
“We are pleased to have two of Cleveland’s own culinary powerhouses in Rocco Whalen and Michael Symon contributing to the variety of delicious food offerings we have at The Q,” said ARAMARK General Manager Kelly Romano, who manages food service at the arena. “In working with both Rocco and Michael, we very quickly learned that the secret ingredient to their incredible recipes is their Cleveland pride.”
The arena also announced that former Cavs player Elmore Smith opened a restaurant near Whalen’s. Elmore Smith’s Smokehouse BBQ is located in section 108. It features beef brisket, chicken and pulled pork.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show Let's Dish, shares a great idea for you child's next birthday party... a vibrant and unpredictable colored cake that even the adults will love.
You can get a free burger just for pulling into Sonic’s Mayfield or Parma locations wearing your seat belt until 1 p.m. today.