CLEVELAND - Gifts from the heart are often made with our hands. Mirror Mirror host Rebecca Spera has some DIY spa gifts that you can make yourself for less than $10!
- Mix 3 cups Epsom salt and 2 cups sea salt.
- Separate salt into four different bowls
- Add 3-5 drops essential oil of choice to each. We like peppermint.
- Add a different color food coloring to three of the four bowls and mix well. Leave one white.
- Grab a funnel, place it into a thin, narrow jar, and layer the colors, as you prefer.
- Close container and tie with ribbon
HOLIDAY BUBBLE BATH:
- Mix together 4 cups of water, 1/3 cup of liquid glycerin, and 1/3 cup of castile soap.
- Add five to ten drops essential oil of choice
- Mix gently with a whisk
- Pour slowly into glass container
- Add one drop food coloring to each container.
- Close container, turn upside down once to mix dilute color.
- Tie with ribbon.
WINTER GLOW SCRUB:
- Lay out four bowls and add one scoop of salt to each bowl
- Add four tablespoons jojoba oil to all bowls except one.
- The salt that you keep white, add one tablespoon coconut oil (so that the salt doesn't discolor)
- Add a different color food coloring (as much as you like) to each of the salt mixtures with jojoba oil.
- Grab a jar. Cover the bottom with the first layer - use a colored salt for first layer. Pack down the layer with a flat container. To anchor this layer, pour jojoba oil on top.
- Then, add the next layer of salt. Pack down this layer with a flat container (make sure to clean off container between layers so the salt colors don't mix).
- Continue this process using different colors of salt until the jar is full.
- Tie jar with ribbon.
You can find more stories like this on the Live Well network .
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.