Birthplace: Minneapolis, MN
Education: University of Missouri – Columbia (Go Tigers!)
Current Position/Job Duties: Anchor/Co-Host, The Now Cleveland
Previous Work Experience: KARE 11, KOMU, WSET
Joined News 5: August 2014
Most Memorable Stories:
1) Being a national correspondent on the Steve Harvey Show. WEWS and the city of Cleveland surprised Steve for his birthday in 2015. It was an honor to be a part of that event.
2) The fatal Akron plane crash. This was such a tragic story for our area. My co-host and I broke into live programming and followed this story as it unfolded minute by minute.
Awards/Honors: Who’s Who Black Cleveland, former Miss Southwest Virginia USA
News Philosophy: Be authentic.
Favorite Sports Team(s): Cavs, Browns, Indians
Favorite Book: Three Feet from Gold
My passion: Service to others, wellness, holistic living
Hobbies & Interests: Traveling, meeting new people, frequenting new hip restaurants, fitness
Three things people don't know about me:
1) I am a nationally certified fitness instructor
2) I was a nationally competitive individual and synchronized figure skater for eight years
3) I got my start in television at the age of 14 co-hosting a show for KARE11 in Minneapolis, MN
What I like best about Northeast Ohio: The authenticity of the people. You guys rock!
You're most likely to see me around town at: Gym, a juice bar, any health store
On the weekends I love to: Workout, juice fresh produce, shop, cook plant-based food, hang out with good friends and my fiancée around town.
Additional Info You Want People to Know about You: Would love to hear from you. Check out my social media pages for more information.
Be sure “like” my facebook page: Facebook.com/DRicksTV